Saturday, September 19, 2009

Color Study: Purple

What a great way to open my eyes to a specific color! Not only did I try to find different ways to shoot purple items, I tried to get around the same hues of purple. I was able to succeed in this, even if I had to touch a few of the photos up in photoshop. Thinking that purple would be a different color to try to capture and not too easy to find, I was amazed to find that there were many purple things! And so many different hues and shades of purple. What a great project to learn how to shoot different items in different times of the day.


1- Sunset Rock
2- 9/18/09 3:30 pm
3- Carriage House apartments
4- F-stop- 5.6 Shutter speed- 10/400 sec
5- Sony Sibershot


1- Lock it up
2- 9/19/09 12:30 pm
3- Austin Building, BYU-I
4- F-stop- 2.7 Shutter speed- 10/40 sec
5- Sony Sibershot


1- I want to ride my bicycle
2- 9/18/09 3:45 pm
3- Carriage House apartments
4- F-stop- 2.7 Shutter speed- 10/5000 sec
5- Sony Sibershot


1- Purple Bumble
2- 9/19/09 11:45 am
3- Clark building grounds, BYUI
4- F-stop- 3.5 Shutter speed- 10/600 sec
5- Sony Sibershot

8 comments:

  1. Your photo of the lock is really good in complimentary colors. I also like the perspective on the bike. However, I have to say that my favorite here is the "Sunset Rock." When I first looked at the photo I thought that the photo had a shine to it and that the purple was the reflection of the blue, cloudy sky in the rock. However I think that the picture was actually purple. I find that odd because I have never seen a rock like that. was it photoshopped to make that part look purple or is it really like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent study in purple. It would be even better to show an example of wide angle, instead of all close-ups. I love the purple vein of color in the rock. Also, be sure you list your f-stop and shutter speed.:) Keep up the great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rock looked really cool. Didn’t know that purple was a natural color in rocks. I thought how you decided to change the angle we, as the views, saw the bike was very well placed. I felt the last picture of the flower was a little too amateur. All your other shots really looked like you were trying to take a picture and not just a snapshot. Your cutout was well but I felt a bigger drop shadow would have helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I love all of your photos. The lock picture I think is my favorite because it's such an awesome (and well composed) picture of a simple, every day thing! The rock picture is pretty as well and the bicycle picture gives a good angle. I think you used a lot of good angles for your pictures! Way to go! Also, its cool that you caught the bee on the purple flower. Your cut-out looks really clean too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the rock wall. All of your photos were very interesting and beautiful. The only thing I would recommend is to maybe try a different angle. Maybe from shooting from the ground up so you can get some of the sky in the picture. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shallow depth of field in the first three images. The reocurring use of green and pruple in this images is great. They could all use to be lightened a little and maybe warmed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the variety of pictures you have. For the bicycle one I like the use of lines. There is some brightness to it and there are some nice shadows also.

    ReplyDelete