Sunday, September 27, 2009

Grunge

I like adding these cool effects in Photoshop. I think they can breath new life into pictures and make them interesting to look at.
This picture I took this spring of a old house up by Driggs, Idaho. I added a texture picture of gravel and reduced the opacity along with a color overlay and a brushed boarder.
Before

After


For this edit, I placed a texture inside of the text and added shadows and inner glows. This would be fun to make a custom signature or to add some personality to the picture.
Before


After

3 comments:

  1. Wow! The light in the grass picture is amazing. Maybe a little bright but it works well. Great job on the text. The antique grunge of the cabin is really cool. You did a great job of making burned borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your cabin from Driggs turned out the antique grunge effect. This one looks so good with these edits. Way to go, Karlee! It is always fun to see what you come up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the grunge effect on the cabin picture. It really captures the antique feel.

    The lighting on your grass picture is amazing! I love how the light comes down just right to give the, what I like to call "halo" effect. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete