Sunday, October 4, 2009

Flora and Fauna

What a great assignment. It was great to have an excuse to go to the Hogle Zoo while we were in Utah. We also decided to go to the Aquarium and we got some great shots. The biggest challenge for these shots was the lighting. The weather wasn't really cooperating very well. Lucky we have photo shots because I was able to increase the saturation on the Monkey picture and it turns out looking great!

1- Monkey
2- 10/03/09 1:30 pm
3- Salt Lake City, UT
4- F-Stop 6.3 Shutter Speed 1/500
5- Sony

1- Sunflower
2- 10/03/09 7:45 am
3- Rexburg, ID
4- F-Stop 8.0
5- Sony

1- Clown Fish
2- 10/03/09 5:30 pm
3- Salt Lake City, UT
4- F-Stop 2.7
5- Sony

1- Crocus
2- 10/02/09 3:00 pm
3- Rigby, ID
4- F-Stop 2.6 Shutter Speed- 1/160
5- Sony

4 comments:

  1. Awesome images! I love the sunflowers. Great depth, color, and composition. The monkey is way cool too! I almost used a very similar image that I took, but yours turned out way better. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monkey is so fun. He looks like an old man. It is great. The second flower is good depth and good angles. I like the fish. I know that it is hard to get good color in an aquarium and you did good. I love love love the purple flower. When we talk about depth that is what it is! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great shots! I like the first one a lot, though I think I would've liked the monkey's head more to the left and not so much in the center. The sunflowers are beautiful, I love the shadows in that shot and I think it is very well composed. The crocus also turned out great, nice shallow depth of field and I think it's cool there are even complimentary colors with the yellow flowers in the background. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how sharp and clear your subject matter is - your purple flower almost doesn't even look real, it's amazing. I really liked the detail on the sunflowers. But I though Nemo could use a bit more lead room.

    ReplyDelete