Sunday, October 25, 2009

Portraits

This was a great project for me. I like taking snap shots of people, but I have never taken portraits. It was fun to think about what would make a good shot and make it happen.
I was working on the grounds crew when we got this shot. Becca has some great blue eyes that really pop in the orange and yellows of the leaves. Plus, she had a great time jumping in leaves for me.

1- Becca
2- 10/23/09 4:00 pm
3- BYU-Idaho
4- F-Stop 2.7
5- Sony
My husband and I were up early this weekend and I got this shot right after sunrise. I liked how the sun lit up different parts of his face and that the sky was nice and blue and not blown out behind him. Morning is a great time to take some amazing shots.

1- Dave
2- 10/24/09 8:30 am
3- Rexburg, ID
4- F-Stop 3.5
5- Sony
I liked taking pictures of my cousin Taylor because she has some really great expressions, but it was hard to make a two year old sit still for very long! I finally had to wait until she was tired, and I got some precious shots. She is such a cute girl.

1- Taylor
2- 10/25/09 5:30 pm
3- Rigby, ID
4- F-Stop 2.7
5- Sony

1- Taylor and her Yarn
2- 10/25/09 5:45 pm
3- Rigby, ID
4- F-Stop 3.2
5- Sony

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, cute kid!!! These portraits are great! I like the one of Becca where you are taking the picture directly above her - it's a cool view that I think a lot of us don't think to capture. Your edits also look great, I really like the one of Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Taylor is darling, you captured the cutest face on her. The one with her blanket is also really cute. The composition in the first two shots are awesome. These are great!

    ReplyDelete